Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm BACK!!

It's been quite awhile since I posted a full blog on here. I went home for six weeks and just never took the time to blog. I know, I know...slap on the hand. But I am now back in Los Angeles, after a cross-country road trip. I had a great time on this trip. My friend Joe Cameron came out here with me. He was planning on moving out here too, for a little while anyways. He's hoping to get some music stuff taken care of and I wish him the best of luck with that. I on the other hand am job and apartment hunting. I haven't made money in awhile now, and I surely do miss it. The good news is that I have my first job already booked since being back. I am booked on the movie "Iron Man 2" that is currently in the process of filming. The first one was an awesome movie, so hopefully this will be too. I'm working Monday and possibly Tuesday. I hope it is both days. More days = more money. And since that seems to be the biggest problem with my current life/situation right now, I could use every dime.
Our trip to LA started in Kokomo, IN on Thursday, May 25th. We made it as far as Lawrence, Kansas that night where we got a hotel and stayed. They had an included continental breakfast that next morning, so we totally took advantage of that, including taking bananas to-go. I only brought Granola Bars and Wheat Thins with me on the trip as it was, so I figured I could use a little healthy fruit in my travel diet. We left Friday around noon and drove to Denver, Colorado. Kansas is a very long, and boring state to drive through. Colorado on the other hand, is a fantastic state. The sites of the Rockies and everything around is awesome. We stayed in Colorado two nights. Joe had some friends in Denver, since he lived there for a year or so, and hadn't seen them in two and a half years. We stayed at his friend Bob's house the first night, and his friend Alissa's house the second night. We went out both nights, first to a place called The Waterloo, and the second night we went to the B-Side Lounge. The DJ at the Lounge was awesome, and every 3rd song or so, he'd play a Michael Jackson song. He ended the night with "Man in the Mirror". Such an awesome night! We then got a really late start and left in the afternoon to drive the very long drive to Vegas. I had driven the WHOLE trip until about 20 miles out of Cedar City, Utah when I realized I was just too tired to drive us any farther. I let Joe take over, and he got us all the way to Las Vegas. I didn't gamble a WHOLE lot, but the good news was that I came out ahead. My winning ways came from one of the penny slot machines I played and the Bonus Texas Hold'em Poker table I played at. Those dealers can be tough to beat, but I managed pretty well. I bumped my $50 up to $150 before losing a little bit of it before I left. We stayed two nights at the Sahara and got up early Tuesday morning to leave for Los Angeles. Joe had some sort of meeting to attend by 2pm Tuesday, and we made it great time.

On a separate note, this past month has been quite a sad time for celebrities and their families. We've lost 5 celebrities, at least, in the past month. RIP David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and Billy Mays. Tough month.

It's crazy to see how much these celebrities have really made some sort of impact on people's lives. And it tends to really show after their death.

Well Joe and I are apartment hunting, and it's starting to seem like everything is just out of my price range. So I would like to start a donation fund. HELP BRENDAN STAY IN LA! I know it sounds silly, especially since I'm speaking out about it for myself...but if any of you would like to, and PLEASE don't feel obligated in any way, shape, or form...haha blahhhhhh....

bahawkins3@comcast.net

Take care one and all...Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Who gave Joe permission to go to L.A.?!?! j/k :)

    I'm going to have to watch Iron Man so I will be ready for Iron Man 2. Keep yourself busy, B! I also hope that Joe takes care of his music stuff.

    Hopefully you and Joe find a place.

    We don't need you two on the streets. They're dangerous enough without you two on them. :P

    Good luck and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete