Saturday, July 18, 2009

Discouraged...

So last week I worked on Iron Man 2 for 5 days.
This week I worked on the show "The Closer" for one day. I also worked on the new ABC Family TV show "10 Things I Hate About You" for two days. I've been very fortunate with my work the past couple weeks.
What I haven't been fortunate with is finding a place to live. I've had a couple possibilities and they haven't completely followed through. I'm living out here day-to-day, couch hopping and such, not knowing exactly where I'm going to be from night to night. I'm out here on my own now, trying to find somewhere, and I feel a little lost. And considering I'm not in the best shape financially...well it doesn't help the situation. I'm doing what I can to work it out, and I'm getting some support from my family, but I'm starting to feel quite discouraged. I'm on the borderline of coming home for awhile, and getting my finances back in order, and coming back sometime. I mean, it's not like I have something set in stone out here. I signed no lease, I have no full-time job, I have no significant other...I'm pretty much a free spirit right now. I don't want to be looked at as some quitter or that I'm giving up. I already feel like that enough by myself, I don't really need it from others. I'm not saying I'm leaving yet...and I'm not saying I've been told those things from anyone, I'm just venting a tad. I'm trying to figure this out, but I don't know what the right choice is, and I guess I won't until I pick either to stay or not.

Anyhoo, I wasn't really going to say those things publicly but I let my fingers do the typing...and so that's how it is...

Dates for the shows I've been on will come later...nothing's posted yet...

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. First off, Brendan. No one is going to look at you as a quitter or that you are giving up. You just hit a bump in the road, that's all. At least you are doing something that you love, and your friends and family are proud of you.

    Things will work out. You just got to hang in there. If you have to come home for awhile to get things back in order, then that is going to happen. Who knows that's going to happen. I do know one thing. You have people in your life that love you, and will be there to help you out.

    Just remember that your family and friends back here in Indiana love you and are VERY PROUD of you!!

    I hope the best for you, and that things work out.

    Now for your extra gigs:
    I will be watching Iron Man 2 to see if I can see you. As for the shows I will have to hope the cable gets fixed in time to watch them. Keep up the hard work, B.

    I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love and miss you, Brendan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Libby pretty much said it all! We love you and there is nothing wrong with needing to change plans a little to make your circumstances better!
    We will support you in whatever you decide.

    Love you bunches and thank you again for the bday card!

    Sis

    ReplyDelete